The HP OfficeJet Pro X451 is a series of digital inkjet printers that is aesthetically design as multifunction printers with high speed color laser-like printing abilities which delivers professional-looking documents. Through its HP PageWide Technology, users can print professional-quality color—up to twice the speed and up to half the cost per page of color lasers and helps workgroups thrive with proactive manageability tools. The three inkjet printers included in this series are the HP OfficeJet Pro X451dn, HP OfficeJet Pro X451dw and HP OfficeJet Pro X551dw. These series of printers print at record speeds—certified by Guinness World Records as the world’s fastest desktop printer. It also produces quality prints with its HP inks, HP 970XL, 971XL ink cartridges: HP CN625AM black ink, HP CN626AM cyan ink, HP CN627AM magenta ink and HP CN628AM yellow ink, and let you save up to 50% on printing costs versus color laser printers.
This series uses four colors and has a different ink cartridge for each color: yellow (Y), cyan (C), magenta (M), and black (K), and for today’s article, we’re going to give the step-by-step procedure on how to replace the ink cartridges in these printers.
Replacing Ink Cartridges
- Step 1 – Open the ink cartridge door of the HP OfficeJet Pro X451 printer.
- Step 2 – Push the old ink cartridge inward to unlock it.
- Step 3 – Grasp the edge of the old ink cartridge and then pull the cartridge straight out to remove it.
- Step 4 – Remove the new HP 970XL or HP 971XL ink cartridge from its package.
- Step 5 – Remember not to touch the metal connector of the ink cartridge since fingerprints on the connector can cause print-quality problems
- Step 6 – Insert the new HP 970XL/HP 971XL ink cartridge into the product.
- Step 7 – Close the ink cartridge door.
- Step 8 – Place the old ink cartridge in the box for recycling purposes.
Reference: HP OfficeJet Pro X451Support
When replacing the ink cartridges of your HP OfficeJet Pro X451 printers, make sure to use the right ink cartridges. As stated earlier these series of printers uses HP 970XL, 971XL ink cartridges, for its black cartridge you must use the HP 970XL (HP CN625AM), for the cyan use the HP 971XL (HP CN626AM), for the magenta, HP 971XL (HP CN627AM) and lastly for the yellow, use the HP 971XL (HP CN628AM). To save money, you can always resort to using remanufactured HP inkjet cartridges in your printer.