Canon USA has its Canon Mobile Printing App for iPhone® and iPad® users, allowing them to print files and images by sending print jobs directly from their Apple devices to their compatible Canon output device. The said printing application support Apple mobile devices such as iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2, the original iPad and the two latest products from Apple, the iPhone 5 and the new iPad and are running under iOS 5.1 – 6.0 platform.
“With today’s mobile workforce, being able to print on-the-go is becoming an increasingly valuable asset,” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. “The new Canon Mobile Printing App provides ease of use and places traditional print functionality at the fingertips of today’s mobile worker.”
The Canon Mobile Printing App is a free application that enables you to do the following things:
- Print e-mail attachments such as Microsoft® Office files (doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt and pptx), iWork® files, PDF files and images under JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG, or TIF file format.
- Print PDF files from PDF viewer apps
- Print JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG, and TIF files stored on your iPhone or iPad
- Browse the web from the built in web browser and print web pages
- Take a photo and print instantly (for iPhone and iPad with a built in camera only)
– Canon U.S.A. : Canon Mobile Printing
This mobile printing app is compatible with selected imageCLASS desktop laser printers and Canon multifunction printers as well as the latest Canon MF4000 models, imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5200, 6200, and 8200 enterprise multifunction office systems. It also supports imageRUNNER and imageRUNNER ADVANCE enterprise multifunction office systems and imageRUNNER LBP printers.
The Canon Mobile Printing App features also offers users the following features:
- OpenIn Compatibility Improves Efficiency
- Variety of Supported Document Types Enhances Usability
- Wide Range of Compatibility Provides a Satisfying End-User Experience
- Intuitive Printer Communication
- Opportunity to Choose Print Settings Optimizes Workflow
- Preview Modes Support Enhances Ease of Use
Sources: Canon Newsroom