Canon imageCLASS MF8050CN is an imageCLASS multifunction printer that has color print, copy, scan, fax and networking functions which according to Canon, “sets new standards for business-quality results in any environment.” It is packed with advanced, sophisticated features and has cutting-edge technology and advanced color technologies found in high-end commercial machines to serve as an affordable, compact solution. It delivers fast printing speed of up to 8 pages per minute (ppm) in color and 12 pages per minute (ppm) in black and white.
It is designed for ease-of-use and has “a front-loading design that provides easy access to the control panel and paper sources.” It also features “a large LCD with graphic-display provides guided user animation within the display that simplifies once complex tasks via illustrated on-screen instruction” and can “carry your important information with you by saving scanned documents to a USB removable media.” It boasts of its Superior Color Imaging Technology that lets you print fine details with remarkable tone-on-tone clarity which helps images stays true to the original. And when it comes to printing monochrome printouts, the Canon ImageCLASS MF8050CN has Canon Pure Black Technology which ensures the richest blacks by utilizing only the black toner instead of the traditional methods of combining color toners. This is made possible through its in-line cartridges that can also be retrieved from the front of the machine for hassle-free replacement. It uses replacement Canon toner cartridges, Canon 116 toner cartridges: Canon 116 Black (1980B001AA), Canon 116 Cyan (1979B001AA), Canon 116 Magenta (1978B001AA) and Canon 116 Yellow (1977B001AA) which offers high page yield of up to 2,300 pages at 5% for the black toner and 1,500 pages at 5% for the color toners.
Canon imageCLASS MF8050CN Specifications
- Printing Method: Color Laser
- Print Speed (up to): Black:Up to 12 ppm (letter) / Color:Up to 8 ppm (letter)
- Print Resolution (Up to): Up to 600 x 600 dpi / 2400 x 600 dpi quality
- Printer Features: Printer Language, Canon UFR II LT (Host-based) / Color Imaging Technologies, Auto Gradation Adjustment, Pure Black Technology, Dual Direct Mapping
- Paper Weights: 16 to 43 lbs. bond (cassette) / 16 to 58 lbs. bond (multipurpose tray)
- Output Tray Capacity: 125 sheets (face down)
- OS Compatibility: Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows Server® 2008, Windows Vista®, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP/2000, Mac® OS X 10.4.9 & up, Linux (print only)
- Standard Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed3 / Network 10/100 Base T
- Software Included: Canon drivers, Document Management & OCR Software
- Power Consumption (approx.): 900W (Max), 3W (Energy Saver Mode)
- Dimension (W x D x H): 17.0″(W) x 19.1″(D) x 16.9″(H)
- Weight: Approx. 52.0 lbs. (without cartridge)
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
Canon ImageCLASS MF8050CN also features its Quick First Print which provides its first print page in approximately 23 seconds in black and white, and 29 seconds in color. It also has a built-in Ethernet port for networking printing, PC faxing and scanning. It delivers scan in color up to 9600 dpi quality with 600 dpi optical resolution, 33.6 Kbps Super G3 fax and a user-friendly 5-line LCD with animation for easy navigation.